- 1 batch perogy dough, cut into 36 rounds
- 2 cups unsalted mashed potatoes
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 cup diced pork belly
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup applewood-smoked cheddar
In a skillet, sautee pork belly over medium heat until it is slightly browned. Add leeks and cranberries and cook for another 5 minutes, adjusting the heat so that everything cooks until tender but does not brown. Add pork mixture to potatoes and stir well.
To assemble perogies, arrange a small amount of filling in the middle of each dough round. Fold the dough in half and seal along the edge with a little water, pressing firmly.
At this point you can either freeze the perogies for later use or cook them right away. You can either boil or fry them. Serve with some grated cheddar on top.