- Shells from 2 cooked lobsters
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-7 cups of water, enough to cover the shells plus an inch or so
Place all ingredients into a stock pot and fill with enough water to cover the shells and vegetables, plus an inch or so. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Strain all solids using a fine sieve and either use stock right away, or freeze in small containers. It will keep in the fridge for a few days too.