(Based on Tasty Kitchen’s Recipe)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 cups Water
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ Tablespoons Cumin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cups Red Kidney Beans, Cooked
- ½ pounds Spaghetti Noodles, Cooked According To Package Instructions
- 1 cup Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
In a large stock pot, add the ground beef and water, and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat and stir the beef to break it up. Continue simmering for about 45 minutes, skimming off the fat and foam that rise to the top and discarding it.
Next, add all of the remaining chili ingredients on the above list and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let it cook for about 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally . Remove Bay leaves at the end.
To serve, place some of the cooked spaghetti into a bowl. Ladle a generous amount of the chili on top of the spaghetti. Top with onions, kidney beans, and grated cheese.