(for two quesadillas)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp mexican spice mix (below)
- 2 cups grated cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed
- dash lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 cup sour cream or balkan/greek yogourt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over high heat. Add beans, corn, spice mix and jalapeno. Sautee for 3-4 minutes until everything is pretty sizzly. Remove from heat.
On a baking sheet, lay out two of the tortillas. Spread the bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with chicken and cheese, and the other two tortillas.
Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. You don’t want the tortillas to get too brown.
Meanwhile, add the lime juice and salt to the avocado and place in serving dish. Assemble three bowls: guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Remove the quesadillas from the oven, cut into 8 pieces and serve immediately with the three garnish bowls. Arriba!